Do you have an idea for a project to improve your local area and include your local community? We want to help.
Whether it’s starting an allotment with your neighbours or helping cheer up some local land with spring bulbs, we’d love to hear your best ideas to improve your community with gardening. More than that – we want to help you make it a reality.
Gardening can bring people together and transform a neighbourhood – and here at J. Parker’s we want to support all your hard work. Tell us your idea for your local community and we’ll choose five of our favourites to donate what we can to help make it happen.
Big or small, simply write up your idea in under 250 words, detailing a project that would really help your community and send it to us to email@example.com by 10th November 2017. Tell us how you would organise your project, how it would help your local area and how a donation of bulbs or plants from J. Parker’s would help.
We want to hear about your community and how our donation could help it thrive. Perhaps you want to raise that community spirit with a big gardening project or regenerate a local area, just tell us why you want to help and how you plan to pull it off and we’ll choose our favourite to support.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We will view all entries and any which meet the criteria outlined below will be considered for the prize of a donation of J. Parker’s products to go towards the project outlined in the entry.
- Three winning entries will receive a donation of bulbs or plants from J. Parker’s for use in their proposed community project
- Entries should be under 250 words. Images can be used so long as your entry email is less than 5mb in size.
- Send your entries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please keep your entries under 5mb to ensure we receive them).
- Entrants agree that their names and stories may be published publicly with their entry. No other details will be shared with any third parties.
- Entrants agree that, should they be successful, their story and their project may be used in future for coverage on our blog and social channels.
- All entries using photographs or drawings must be original images, taken/produced by the entrant. You must own all rights to the image and in entering the competition you agree to allow us to use your image in further promotions, on our blog, on social media or in print.
- The winning entry will be judged on the criteria outlined below. The Judge’s decision is final.
- The following criteria will be used to judge entries;
- The idea itself, its practicality and how well it has been outlined by the entrant.
- How the idea will benefit local communities and environments.
- The originality of the idea and anything that sets it apart from other entrants.
- The winners will receive a donation of J. Parker’s products with a value of up to £500 subject to available stock. This will be made up of products of our choosing based on the project described in the entry, cannot be exchanged for cash and there is no substitution for this prize. This donation of products can only be used for the purpose outlined in your entry.
- All entries will be considered. Competition closes 10th November 2017. Winners will be notified by email before the 20th November 2017.